Since 2013, we’ve released industry benchmarks reports showcasing engagement data from hundreds of companies around the world. With a dataset of over two million individual responses, our industry benchmarks have become the standard, read by people geeks at companies of every type and size for ideas and industry insights.
Our flagship is our New Tech benchmark report, showcasing the trends, attitudes, and practices of some of the most innovative and disruptive companies in the world. Today, we’re thrilled to be announcing the launch of our 2017 New Tech benchmark report.
As with every other year, this year’s report has a central theme of employee engagement. Specifically:
- How engaged are New Tech companies overall?
- What factors drive engagement at New Tech organizations?
- In what ways, if any, has the Engagement changed over the past year?
- What do highly engaged companies do differently?
As our dataset continues to grow, we also grow the collective understanding of employee engagement in breadth and granularity. This year’s report further includes the answers to these questions:
- How does engagement differ at New Tech across companies of different sizes or across geographies?
- What are the factors that drive engagement for people in different functions? Are the Engagement experiences of engineers different than those in sales or people ops roles?
- What are some differences between working at a New Tech company versus a traditional technology company?
In an effort to go beyond simple analysis of engagement scores, over the past year, we’ve developed the Inspiration Engine, a product in limited release that provides real-world actions taken in response to real survey results by the organizations we work with. Treating the New Tech industry benchmark as if it were the results of a single company’s survey, we draw from the Inspiration Engine to provide suggestions that have been helpful to other companies in similar situations.
We are also continuing to refine and build upon our Natural Language Processing (NLP) Text Analytics algorithms to derive themes and sentiments, while simplifying massive bodies of text to generate easily-digestible, human-actionable insights. These results are also part of this year’s report.
We hope you find the report easy to understand as well as informative and insightful. We are committed to growing everyone’s understanding of the nature of work and employee engagement through better data and extensive research.
And a big thanks to our people geeks community for your continued feedback and support. We wouldn’t be able to do this without you all.